Spiced Cashew & California Prune Rice Porridge
Provided by: Strength and Sunshine for the California Prune Board.
- 1 1/4 cup unsweetened cashew milk
- • 1/2 cup rinsed wild rice
- • 1/2 cup California Prunes (roughly chopped)
- • 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- • 1 cinnamon stick
- • 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- • 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- • 1/8 teaspoon allspice
- • 1/4 teaspoon pure Madagascar bourbon vanilla extract
- • 1/4 cup raw unsalted cashews
Bring the 1 1/4 cup of cashew milk to a boil, add the rinsed rice, prunes, spices and vanilla into the pot and reduce to a low simmer. Cook covered for about 40-50 minutes (depending on the rice you use, or until the milk is absorbed). Remove the cinnamon stick and let sit for 10 minutes. Mix in the cashews and serve!