Chipotle Pork Stew with Prunes
Slow simmering lets the pork absorb the complex flavours of chiles, orange and spices. Prunes and an array of vegetables add the finishing touch.
Porzioni: 6Tempo Prep.: 15 minCook Time: 1 hour, 15 min.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 lbs well-trimmed boneless pork shoulder, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 medium onion, cut into wedges
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 to 2 canned chipotle chiles (in adobo sauce), finely chopped, adobo sauce reserved
- 2 medium potatoes cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup baby carrots
- 1 cup (about 6 ounces) halved pitted Prunes
In large Dutch oven or saucepan heat oil over medium-high heat until hot. Add pork; cook 5 minutes or until browned, stirring occasionally. Add onion, garlic, salt, cumin, cinnamon and thyme; cook and stir 4 to 5 minutes or until onion is translucent. Add tomatoes, orange juice, chipotle chiles and 1 to 2 tablespoons of the reserved adobo sauce; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover; simmer 30 minutes. Add potatoes and carrots; simmer 20 minutes. Stir in Prunes; simmer 10 additional minutes or until pork and vegetables are tender.
|PERCENTAGE CALORIES FROM FAT||30|